"What does the future of work look like?" | Rectorate University of Porto | 25 JUN 6:00 pm
The Young Professionals Group of the waste sector belonging to the Portuguese Association of Sanitary and Environmental Engineering (APESB), in partnership with the Rectorate - Culture Unit of the University of Porto, invites you to the conference “What does the future of work look like?", on the 25th of June, 6:00 pm at Rectorate of the University of Porto.
With the 4th industrial revolution underway, it is widely agreed that technology will partially or totally replace multiple jobs, create new jobs, and profoundly alter others. There will be great challenges, especially for youngsters who want to prepare for the future job market.
What are the most appropriate skills, methods and tools? They should be envisaged so that youngsters can enter an increasingly demanding job market.
- Specialist in Sustainable Materials
- Management at the Flemish Institute for Technological Research (VITO).
- Founder and former Group Chair of the Young Professionals Group of the International Solid Waste Association (ISWA YPG).
- Current coordinator of ISWA YPG Regional Groups.
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Porto.
- Member of the Commission for Sustainability.
- Member of the Scientific Committee - Integrated master’s in environmental engineering.
- Teacher Responsible for Continuous Education Circular Economy Course.
- Head of Talent Management & Organizational Development (TMOD) at Continental Mabor – Indústria de Pneus, S.A.
- Specialist in People Development and tailored Qualification Processes.
- Country TMOD coordinator Portugal (considering all the 6 Continental companies from manufacturing and services).
- Consultant and Specialist for cross divisional/ international projects related to HR and TMOD areas inside Continental Group.
- Certified Trainer and Internal Coach.
- Assistant Professor and Director of the Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Porto.
- Director of Master's Degrees in Ecology, Environment and Territory, and in Ecology and Environment.
- President of the Scientific Committee of the Master's Degree in Ecology and Environment.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Bachelor in Biology.
Paulo Farinha Marques
- Associate Professor of Landscape Architecture at the Faculty of Sciences, University of Porto.
- Director of Course and President of the Scientific Committee of the PhD in Landscape Architecture.
- Director of Course and President of the Scientific Committee of Doctorate in Landscape Architecture and Urban Ecology.
- Member of the Scientific Committee master’s in landscape architecture.
- Coordinator of the Counseling area at Career and Development Office of Catholic Porto Business School.
- Psychological intervention, vocational and career guidance sessions.
- Work together with companies and professors to promote the development of transferable skills.
- Private clinical practice.
The conference is free access, limited to room capacity for this reason requires prior registration here.
"You can’t use an old map to explore a new world.” — Albert Einstein
*Conference will be in English (without simultaneous translation).
Event in facebook here.