Hey everyone! The Prime Minister spoke today and announced some more rules, as the situation in Portugal is quite concerning and we’re close to two holidays (December 1st and December 8th).
The new state of emergency starts at 00:00 on November 24th and will end at 23:59 on December 8th (if not renovated again).
Also, the country is now divided into 4:
- Moderate: Municipalities with less than 240 cases per 100 thousand inhabitants in the last 14 days;
- High: Municipalities with a number of cases between 240 and 479 per 100 thousand inhabitants in the last 14 days;
- Very high: Municipalities with a number of cases between 480 and 959 per 100 thousand inhabitants in the last 14 days;
- Extremely high: Municipalities with more than 960 cases per 100 thousand inhabitants in the last 14 days.
For the list of municipalities and risk level, check HERE
Since Porto is on the RED LIST (Extremely High), ALL following rules apply to us. Pay close attention and save this link to consult it, since it has many details and many dates that can be confusing:
- Mandatory use of mask in the workplace, except in situations where it is possible to keep the distance;
- Circulation between municipalities is prohibited between 11 pm on November 27th and 5 am on December 2nd and between midnight on December 4th and 5 am on December 9th;
- All schools (including universities) will be closed on November 30th and December 7th; - Private companies are recommended to dismiss workers on those days;
- Mandatory curfew from 11 pm to 5 am every day;
- Shops close at 10 pm, restaurants, and cultural facilities closed at 10:30 pm;
- Prohibition of circulation on public roads and closing of commercial establishments between 1 pm and 5 am on weekends and holidays (December 1st and 8th);
- Closing of commercial establishments from 3 pm on November 30th and December 7th.
Let us know if you have any doubts! Please keep in mind that we all have to do our part to improve the situation, stay at home as much as you can, ESN has some great online events